A super easy pudding which tastes so creamy yet so light and tasty. Using seasonal summer flavours, you can adapt this recipe to whatever is in season. If you don’t drink alcohol, try making it using cordial alone.
I very lightly fermented my coconut milk in my kefir grains at room temperature for 4 hours. This gives a very mild probiotic kick to the pudding, but if you don’t have your own kefir grains, or follow a vegan diet, you can just use the milk as it is.
I also keep the strawberry hulls on the whole strawberries for decoration. When I remove strawberry hulls for aesthetics, I either give the chickens a treat, or keep them in the freezer to later add to smoothies for an extra fibre diversity kick!
- 40g chia seeds
- 240ml coconut milk or any other milk of choice
- 2 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 240g strawberries plus extra for decoration
- 2 tbsp elderflower liquor
- Mix the chia seeds, coconut milk and elderflower cordial together and leave to set in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely dice the strawberries and mix with the elderflower liquor.
- Layer the chia seed mix into two glasses, layer the marinated strawberries over the top and garnish with whole strawberries, hulls and all!
Per serving: 228kcal/ 7.7g fat/ 2.4g saturated fat/ 29.9g carbohydrates/ 8.9g fibre/ 5.2g protein