This is a super easy way of making the most of your brown bananas without having to make banana bread! Such an easy recipe it takes just 5 minutes. The hardest part is waiting for the ice pops to freeze, so making them the night before is the best way of killing the time.
This is also the perfect recipe to use the strawberry hulls in an attempt to waste less food whilst also increasing your fibre diversity intake. Simply remove the stem from the strawberries ready to blend!
For those who don’t have ice lolly moulds, you can freeze the bananas and strawberries, and then simply blend with the yoghurt to make smoothie bowls instead. It’s another fantastic way of keeping cool during the hot summer days.
Makes 6 100ml pops
- 2 very ripe bananas
- ~150g strawberries (you can choose to leave the strawberry hulls on)
- 300g yoghurt of choice (I have used plain live dairy yoghurt)
- Weight the bananas into a large jug and top the weight up to 300g with strawberries.
- Add 250g yoghurt and blend till smooth.
- Add the remaining 50g yoghurt and lightly swirl in. Pour into your moulds and freeze according to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
Per 100g smoothie pop: 42kcal/ 0.7g fat/ 0.5g saturated fat/ 2.8g carbohydrates/ 1.0g fibre/ 1.2g protein