A super fun way of getting one of your 5-a-day in! “Watermelon” ice lollies made for a selection of fruits, are the perfect way to say cool in the summer, and if you have kids you can get them to help make them with the blending and pouring.
Using frozen strawberries helps cool the first mixture, making it slightly quicker to add the second layer. Additionally, using the frozen strawberries means you will get slightly smaller ice crystals, as it is semi-frozen, giving a slightly better mouthfeel when you come to eat it.
You can use whatever yoghurt you like, making it vegan or dairy-free if you wish to.
Makes 4 lollies
- 100g frozen strawberries
- 200g watermelon
- 8 teaspoons of yoghurt of choice
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1/2 a splice of Galia melon
- Blend the strawberries and watermelon together till smooth. Pour into lolly moulds, filling them up to 3/4 full.
- Freeze for 30-45 minutes.
- Layer 2 teaspoons of yoghurt over the watermelon layer.
- Freeze for 30 minutes
- Blend the kiwi and Galia melon till smooth. Layer onto the yoghurt to the fill line.
- Inset the lolly mould and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.