This easy soup also doubles up as an easy pasta sauce – win win! It’s naturally vegan if using a suitable stock powder, and if you use a no added salt stock cube it is suitable for babies and toddlers.
- 600g pumpkin, skin on and cubed
- 2 large onions, cut into 8ths
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 1 tin of cannellini beans
- 4 garlic cloves, skin left on
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 700ml no added salt stock
- 100ml boiling water
- 20g pumpkin seeds, finely chopped if serving to young babies
- Add the pumpkin, onion, celery, beans, garlic and olive oil to a large roasting tray.
- Mix well before roasting in a preheated oven set to 180°C fan/ 200°C convection, stirring halfway through.
- Once cooked, remove the garlic from its skin.
- Bring the stock up to the boil and add the roasted vegetables, deglazing the roasting tin with 100ml boiling water.
- Bring the mixture back up to a boil before blending till smooth.
- Serve with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.
Option to serve as a pasta sauce by stirring through freshly cooked pasta. Delicious with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast which is a great source of B vitamins and zinc.
Per serving of soup: 175kcal/ 8.5g fat/ 1.3g saturated fat/ 17.0g carbohydrates/ 6.0g fibre/ 4.8g protein