Leftover hot cross buns? Fancy an alternative breakfast this Easter weekend? Here is a delicious way to enjoy your hot cross buns. You can use shop-bought, or try my delicious Best of Both Apple & Cinnamon, or my vegan St. Clement recipes.
- 2 hot cross buns
- 1 egg
- 50ml milk of choice
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 5g butter or cooking oil
- In a flat-bottomed container, mix the egg, milk, and cinnamon.
- Slice the hot cross buns in half and soak in the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat, and add the butter or oil.
- Cook the soaked buns in the pan for 2-3 minutes per side till golden brown.
- Serve hot with yoghurt and berries