Blackberries are a quintessential fruit of British summer. Growing wildly in hedgerows all over the UK, these delicious dark jewels can be easily picked at your leisure for both sweet and savoury dishes.
Serves 4 as a starter
- 180g log of goats cheese
- 200g blackberries
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Bread of choice, toasted if desired
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/ 200° convection
- Slice the goats cheese in half and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Scatter the blackberries around the edge, then drizzle the oil, honey and thyme over the top. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your choice of bread.
Per serving: 198kcal/ 13.0g fat/ 8.2g saturated fat/ 9.4g carbohydrates/ 3.4g fibre/ 9.8g protein