It’s British Tomato Fortnight as well as being halfway through the British Asparagus season, so I’m combining the two to make a delicious pasta salad that is perfect either hot or cold. Remember, allowing your pasta to cool helps create resistant starch which is fibre fuel for your gut microbes!
- 250g pasta
- 200g asparagus tips, roughly chopped
- 100g spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 100g British tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch basil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch chives, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30g pecorino cheese
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than the packet instructions. In the last minute of cooking add the asparagus tips before draining.
- Add the spinach and olive oil, and stir to combine before adding all the remaining ingredients except the pecorino.
- Serve the pasta in bowls, hot or cold, with pecorino shavings over the top.