It’s World Pasta Day and here’s my vegan version of burrata and pesto pasta – you could of course make it vegetarian if you aren’t 100% plant-based.
- 325g kale, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 75g pine nuts, toasted (other nuts would also work well here)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 500g pasta shape of choice
- 1 ball of Burella (for a vegan version)
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and blanch the kale with the garlic for 1 minute before removing.
- Blend the kale and garlic with the pine nuts, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, olive oil and a large pinch of salt till smooth – you will need a powerful blender to get a smooth sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, saving some pasta cooking water.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and toss the kale pesto through, using a little pasta cooking water to loosen the sauce if needed.
- Serve piled up high topped with the Burella
Per serving: 678kcal/ 33g fat/ 4.0g saturated fat/ 71g carbohydrates/ 9g fibre/ 19g protein