The viral Christmas Tree Mince Pies have landed here on my page, and boy are they worth making! They’re perfect for the festive season, and equally delicious as my more traditional mince pies.
- 2 sheets of ready-rolled puff pastry
- Flour for dusting
- 425g mincemeat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry and lightly dust it with flour
- Spread the mincemeat over the sheet of pastry, before layering the second sheet of puff pastry over the top. Gently roll to stick the two sheets together
- Slice the pastry into 12 even lengths and fold each strip over itself to form a tree. Secure in place with a wooden skewer and place on a lined baking sheet
- Brush with an egg glaze and sprinkle with sugar before baking in a preheated oven set to 180°C fan/ 200°C convection for 20-25 minutes till golden and crispy
- Allow to cool slightly, but delicious served warm
Merry Christmas everyone!