Looking for a really easy dish which makes almost no mess? This is a one pot pasta dish which requires minimal effort for maximal taste. This dish takes around 25 minutes to make, so it’s also super quick meaning you don’t have to spend all night at your stove (or even cleaning up after yourself!).
Treating the pasta like a risotto rice means that loads of the starch normally lost to the water is retained in the dish. This gives a lovely creamy sauce at the end of the dish. Easily adaptable to whatever you have in the cupboards or freezer, why not give this dish a go!
- 1 tbs EVOO
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 160g baby tomatoes
- 160g orzo pasta
- 500ml stock (I used 1 heaped tsp vegetable stock powder into boiling water)
- 1 courgette, grated
- 100g kale, roughly chopped
- 60g cheddar cheese, crumbled
- Gently fry the onions in the oil till soft. Add the garlic and continue cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and orzo with a third of the stock. Simmer over a low heat, stirring frequently to stop the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the liquid is almost absorbed add a further third of the stock. Repeat with the final third.
- When the pasta is almost cooked add the courgette and kale.
- Remove from the heat, crumble the cheese in and serve.
Per serving: 539kcal/ 17.7g fat/ 6.6g saturated fat/ 69.6g carbohydrates/ 6.8g fibre/ 22.9g protein