I love this simple combination. It’s a great base for so many different dishes, and it’s perfect for Veganuary. Tofu is a good source of vegan protein, while also being a source of calcium if it’s been set with either calcium sulfate or calcium phosphate.
Other vegetables that work really well in this include:
- Garlic (roast in their skins)
No tofu? Here are your protein alternatives:
- Chickpeas, either roasted or stirred in at the end
- Halloumi (making the dish vegetarian)
- Serve with hummus in a sandwich, salad or with cous cous
- 2 aubgerines
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large, or 2 small courgettes
- 2 peppers
- 1 block of firm tofu
- Preheat an oven to 180°C fan/200°C convection.
- Add the oil to a large roasting tray.
- Slice the aubergine into chunks and immediately toss in the oil.
- Chop the remaining ingredients, add to the tray and mix together, seasoning with pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 50-60 minutes, stirring halfway through, till the edges of the vegetables and tofu go golden.
- Serve with your choice of carbohydrates such as lemon and herb cous cous or kale pesto pasta – swap the parmesan for nutritional yeast to make it vegan
Store any leftovers in a sealed tupperware for up to 3 days in the fridge.