A delicious recipe to use plums up which may be a little to soft, or if too sharp this is sure to sweeten things up!
- 15g cold butter, cubed
- 20g plain flour
- 20g ground almonds
- 25g oats
- 20g caster sugar
- 3-4 plums (around 240g in total), stoned and cut into large chunks
- 4 tbsp elderflower liquor or cordial
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan, 190°C convection, gas mark 5
- Mix the butter, flour, ground almonds and sugar, reserving 1 tsp of sugar for later, till the consistency of fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the oats in and mix.
- Place the plums in an ovenproof dish, pour on the elderflower liquor, and add the crumble mixture. Sprinkle on the remaining sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes till the plums bubble up and the crumble is golden.
- Delicious served with yoghurt, crème fraîche or custard.
Per crumble: 368kcal/ 12.9g fat/ 4.8g saturated fat/ 54.8g carbohydrates/ 3.9g fibre/ 5.6g protein