The perfect side to go with your barbecue – delicious with all meats, fish or halloumi, or serve with a tin of chickpeas for a non-barbecue option should it be raining. Again.
- 200g bulgar wheat
- 1 aubergine
- 1 pepper
- 1 courgette
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 2 lemons
- 150g feta cheese
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- Cook the bulgar wheat by adding to a large dish and pouring 220ml boiling water over the top. Cover and leave to steam for 5-10 minutes before fluffing with a form.
- Meanwhile, chop all aubergine, pepper, courgette and onion into large chunks and coat with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Heat a griddle pan, and once hot cook the vegetable in batched till deeply marked with dark lines.
- Chop the herbs, juice the lemon and mix into the bulgar wheat.
- Once cooked, add the vegetables, crumble the feta in.
- Serve in a large bowl with pomegranate seeds scattered over the top.
Per serving: 289kcal/ 11g fat/ 7.0g saturated fat/ 31.2g carbohydrates/ 7.8g fibre/ 13.8g protein